Call for Nominations: Search for the Children’s Librarian of the Year 2022 Award
SEARCH FOR THE CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN OF THE YEAR 2022 AWARD
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Children’s Librarian of the Year Award is given to honor a Children’s Librarian who has made a positive impact on children’s or youth services librarianship.
- The nominee must be a librarian who is directly involved in providing library services for children and young adults.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution in the following areas:
- Active involvement in the library profession;
- Excellent library services to children and youth;
- Advocacy for service to children and youth; and
- Modeling children’s and youth services librarianship as a rewarding career.
- Educational Qualification, 20%
(Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral)
- Performance, 35%
(Programs. Activities, Projects, Awards/Recognitions Received)
- Experience, 15%
(Years in Service, Other Assigned Positions)
- Membership in Organization/ Participation in Library Activities, 15%
(Membership in Library Organizations, Research/Paper Presented, Involvement/ Participation in International, National, or Local Seminars, Conferences, etc.)
- Civic Engagement/ Community Services, 15%
(Personal engagement in Medical missions, Outreach services, Consultancy, Tutorials, Senior Citizen Organization, etc.)
- Call for nomination/ submissions shall be announced through various media on or before July 11, 2022.
- All nominations/ submissions should be submitted via Google Form: https://bit.ly/3Rh9GFg on or before September 15, 2022.
- All nominations/ submissions should be accompanied by the following requirements:
- 2×2 ID picture or passport size ID;
- Certificates of Awards and Recognitions received;
- Photos of Programs, Activities, Projects, and Civic Engagements;
- Certificates of Speakerships, Conference organized and attended; and
- Endorsements from (1) Immediate supervisor and (2) Colleague.
- Nominations will be accepted between July 11 – September 15, 2022.
- Closing date for nomination/ submission is September 15, 2022.
- The Children’s Librarian of the Year awardee shall be recognized and awarded during the closing ceremonies of the 2022 Conference on Children and Young Adults Librarianship on October 28, 2022
- Cash: P30,000.00
- NLP Medal
- Plaque of Appreciation
Ms. Chona San Pedro-Galo
Chair, Awards and Recognition Committee
Conference in Children and Young Adults Librarianship (CCYAL)
National Library of the Philippines
Phone: 523105035 loc. 133