INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
The Information Technology Division (ITD) was created during the rationalization of National Library of the Philippines (NLP) in 2007. The division was envisioned to implement information and communication technologies for NLP (2007 Rationalization Plan).
It took over the tasks assigned to the Information Technology Center (ITC), and the Philippine eLibrary Data Center.
- Manage and maintain ICT facilities and information systems of NLP
- Manage and maintain NLP and Philippine eLibrary Data Center
- Provide ICT training for staff of NLP, NLP partners and public libraries (PLs)
- Provide ICT support services for NLP, NLP partners and PLs
- Perform ICT research and development activities in support of the goals of NLP